Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Vegan Blueberry Pancakes Recipe recipe from bon appetit cooking book.
Vegan Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
Power Vegan Blueberry Pancakes Recipe. A great alternative to classic breakfast pancakes.
1. Whisk together the ground flaxseed and 2½ tablespoons of cold water, then set aside to thicken. Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil in a small pan over a medium heat, then leave to cool slightly.
2. Combine the soya or almond milk and cider vinegar. Add the melted coconut oil, then whisk in the flaxseed mixture.
3. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt, then make a well in the middle. Gradually pour in the wet mixture, stirring continuously until combined – don’t worry if there are still a few lumps. Fold in the blueberries, then set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to its lowest temperature. Heat a splash of vegetable oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add a ladleful of the batter to the pan (one ladleful is enough for one pancake), then add more ladlefuls of the batter, ensuring they’re nicely spaced out – you’ll need to do this in batches.
5. Cook for around 2-3m, or until golden underneath and little bubbles start to appear on the surface, then use a palette knife to flip them over. Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until golden. Place in the oven to keep warm while you make the remaining pancakes.
6. Serve with a dollop of soya yoghurt, a drizzle of maple syrup and extra blueberries, if you like.