Nougat Candy Recipe
Nougat Candy Recipe, many of the sweets desserts we used to see in the store, and do not even think they are preparing, thinking that it requires sophisticated manufacturing technologies but it is really simple recipe original from Italy
Nougat is a family of confections made with sugar and/or honey, roasted nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, andrecently macadamia nuts are common), whipped egg whites, and sometimes chopped candied fruit. The consistency of nougat can be soft and chewy to hard and crunchy, and it is used in a variety of candy bars and chocolates. The word nougatcomes from Occitan pan nogat , There are three basic kinds of nougat. The first, and most common, is white nougat (“mandorlato” or “torrone” in Italy), made with beaten egg whites and honey; it appeared in Cremona, Italy in the early 15th century and inMontélimar, France, in the 18th century. The second is brown nougat ( nougatine in French) which is made without egg whites and has a firmer, often crunchy texture. The third is the Viennese or German nougat which is essentially a chocolate and nut (usually hazelnut) praline.
And I really love this desserts, is the presentation. Nougat is so yummy that you can make it what ever you want!
1. I make roasted salted pistachios, you can withdraw and other nuts If berries or nuts are large, is a bit-slice with a knife.
2. In a deep pan (more than 2 liters.) Pour water (135 gr.) And powdered sugar (450 gr., you Can take small sugar).
3. We place on the fire and bring the maximum power to a boil, small bubbles are waiting. Take a Thermometer and take hold of the moment when the mass heated to 110-112 degrees.
4. Do not stir the mixtur, because it will be the crystallization of sugar. If you notice that the walls began to form crystals – wipe them with a brush.
5. When the desired temperature has been reached add honey (120 gr.) And molasses (6 gr.) (molasses you can change on syrups, glucose )
6. Cook the mixture to 135-140 degrees. And this time, beat well-protein (55 g., One and a half eggs, but it is safer to check weights) with a mixer.
7. When the mass heats up, pour a thin flow of it into proteins, whisking at maximum. Important – you need to pour on the wall of the bowl.If the syrup comes to whisk mixer can be formed frozen thread.
8. Beat-Mixing carefully. Beat-mixing until the protein mixture is cooled to room full temperature.
9.Pour the filling.
10. Add mass spread on parchment paper. mass put in the refrigerator for the night
11. Cut best knife dipped in hot water.