Fish Soup Recipe
Fish soup is much easier and quicker than it appears. Use up bits of white fish combined with prawns, mussels! bon appetit!
Fish soup is much easier and quicker than it appears. Use up bits of white fish combined with prawns, mussels! SERVES 4+ Cooks 35m
1. Trim and finely chop the fennel, leek, celery and chilli, and peel and finely chop the garlic. Roughly chop the tomatoes, pick the thyme leaves and chop the fish into chunks.
2. Gently cook the fennel, leek, celery, most of the chilli and the garlic in olive oil over a medium heat, until soft.
3. Add 1 litre water and the wine, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are cooked.
4. Add the tomatoes, thyme and fish. When fish turns opaque, add the prawns, mussels or clams and simmer for 2 minutes until prawns are cooked and mussels are open.
5. Season and serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a scattering of fresh chilli.