Cranberry & Cinnamon Recipe
This Quick Cranberry & Cinnamon Roll recipe from bonappetit.la will have these delicious buns on the table
This Quick Cranberry & Cinnamon Roll recipe from bonappetit.la will have these delicious buns on the table. These buns are made with a mix of wholemeal and spelt flour, giving them a malty taste. Swirled with orange zest, cranberries and cinnamon, they smell delicious.
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk, stirring with a whisk, then beat and add 1 egg and stir again.
2. Sift together the flours, cinnamon and a small pinch of sea salt and add the butter, using your hands to crumble it.
3. Add everything to the milk mixture with the sugar. Beat and add another egg, stirring to form a dough.
Keep stirring until the dough comes cleanly from the edge of the bowl and knead on a floured surface for about 5 minutes, or until smooth.
4. Return it to the bowl, cover it with an oiled piece of clingfilm and leave to rise at room temperature for 30 minutes.
5. Chop the cranberries and finely grate the orange zest. Combine with the remaining filling ingredients in a bowl and leave to one side.
6. Once the dough has risen, divide it in half, place each one on a lightly floured surface and roll it out to a 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
7. Spread the filling over the top of each, then roll each piece of dough into a wide cylinder. Cut them into 2½cm slices.
8. Line two baking trays with baking paper and lay the cinnamon rolls on top, pressing each one so they spread out slightly.
9. Cover with oiled clingfilm and leave to rise for 20 minutes.
10. Preheat the oven to 230ºC
11. Beat the remaining egg and brush it over the cinnamon rolls, then sprinkle with a tiny pinch of sugar.
12. Bake in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown, then leave to cool on a wire rack. Brush with warmed apricot jam or honey to glaze. Serve warm or cold.